Packing lunches is a huge hassle. You never feel like you have enough time to do it but you do not want to compromise and send yourself and your kids into the day with unhealthy options. What do you do?
Fortunately, avocado can come to the rescue! Use this quick and healthy avocado lunch recipe the next time you are stumped on what to pack. To make this quinoa and avocado summer salad, you will need:
- 1 ½ cups of cooked quinoa (make ahead for an even easier morning!)
- ½ small jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of sesame, sunflower seeds, or hemp seeds
- Fresh dill and salt to taste
Let the quinoa simmer with the olive oil for ten minutes and sea salt. Let cool, then toss with the remaining ingredients. This is a perfect plant-based lunch chock full of complex carbs, protein, and healthy fats.
We hope this helps you eat right! To keep loving your body with healthy living, join One Body Studios for Pilates, yoga, and dance classes. Contact us to find out about our La Habra, California class schedule.