Dry shampoo offers an alternative to shampooing your hair every day while absorbing the oil that makes your hair look dirty.
Nothing is worse than the feeling of oily, greasy, dirty hair–that’s why we take showers. But shampooing your hair can dry it out and even cause breakage. You can get around shampooing by using dry shampoo, which doesn’t damage your hair, but can be expensive. Here’s a DIY on how you can make your own dry shampoo infused with essential oil to give you all the benefits you could hope for.
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 drop of Tea Tree essential oil
- 2 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops of Rosemary essential oil
- (2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder–for dark hair only!)
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Place the mixture into any container of your choice; baby powder bottle, empty salt shaker.
- Apply to the roots of your hair and massage into scalp.
- Leave for 2-3 minutes so that the dry shampoo has time to absorb your hair’s natural oils.
- Brush through your hair to remove excess dry shampoo.
Our Young Living Essential Oils work to give you all of these benefits and more! For all of your dietary advice, or dance, yoga, and Pilates classes to help you start feeling your best, contact One Body Studios in La Habra, California.