Just as you finish patting yourself on the back for eating salads and watermelon all summer long, the weather hits a cold snap and you turn to pasta and potatoes. It is imperative that our diet changes with the seasons in order to fuel our bodies and help them to adjust to our surroundings.
As California heads towards cooler months, here are 5 foods that you should be eating:
• Garlic & Ginger: When it’s cold outside, your body works hard to circulate the blood. Garlic and ginger are naturally warming foods for the stomach and spleen so they are able to boost the energy, promote movement, heat, and supply antioxidants!
• Goji Berries: They are a nourishing tonic which have a strengthening effect on the kidneys, which are often affected by colder weather.
• Black wood ear mushrooms: Boost immunity, help move stagnant blood, and have a calming effect on the body! For the best effect, eat them warm.
• Meat and bone broths: They are known to nourish your liver, kidneys, and blood, as well as being a good source of protein.
• Sweet potatoes: This root vegetable is grounding, energetically warming, and delicious!