Even if you exercise daily, you need to indulge on healthy and nutritious foods so that your body can prevail. This delicious spring salad recipe is sure to become a weekly meal due to the bold flavors of this healthy combination. Mix up this arugula quinoa salad for your next healthy lunch:
What you will need:
- ½ Cup of Cooked Quinoa
- 3 Cups of Arugula
- ½ Cup of Frozen Peas, Defrosted
- 1 Tablespoon of Golden Raisins
- 1 Tablespoon of Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of Hemp Hearts
- 4 Tablespoons of Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- The Juice of Two Large Limes
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
How to prepare:
- Start by cooking quinoa based on the package’s instructions.
- In a bowl, toss the quinoa, peas, arugula, raisins, cranberries, hemp hearts, and sunflower seeds.
- In a blender, puree the cilantro, garlic, honey, lime juice, cayenne pepper, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper together until smooth.
- Drizzle your homemade dressing over the quinoa mixture, toss, serve, and enjoy!