These 2 smoothie secrets are key to have a healthy digestive system and keep you warm throughout the winter.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, doctors recommended against drinking cold water with meals as they claimed it “chilled the digestive fires.” While it’s known that eating cold foods has no harmful effects, it doesn’t mean that it won’t give you the chills in the cold winter mornings. Below are a couple of smoothies that are sure to make your mornings, and digestive system, move swimmingly this winter.
Winter Green Smoothie
- ½ cup frozen cherries, defrosted overnight
- 1 cup collards, packed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled
- ¼ cup almond 2 cups almond 20-plus grams chocolate pea protein
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- or coconut milk
Pumpkin Spice Green Smoothie
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pear, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon freshly peeled ginger
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin or leftover mashed sweet potato
- 20-plus grams vanilla pea protein
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup kale, packed
To prepare any of these pour all ingredients of smoothie, respectively, and blend until smooth.