Mindfulness is all about finding what makes you happy and doing it. If meditating is what brings you back to normalcy and allows you to rid your mind of stress, it is important that you make time to meditate each day. If you are one of the many individuals who says they no longer have time to meditate due to your busy lifestyle, keep these tips in mind:
- You do not need to dedicate hours of your day to meditating. A simple three minute breathing exercise can help you drop into your thoughts and sensations and relieve stress.
- While working the daily grind, you can also take a mindful walk. Three minutes to yourself where you can put your to-do list on the backburner is all you need.
- When was the last time you took advantage of seeing exercises? Simply stare out into the sky, clouds, trees, and all of nature to bring yourself back to surroundings in a more mindful way.
- Make a habit to be mindful of others. When someone is talking, make an effort to allow them to be the object of your mindfulness.
- Most importantly, it is okay to break out of your routine! Our minds, bodies, and souls love steering away from routine patterns.