Fall is here! Savor the season and all of its delicious flavors with this recipe for pumpkin pancakes. Whole wheat, fluffy, and beautiful, they’re sure to become a fall favorite!
- 1 ½ cups of white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups of buttermilk
- ¼ cup of toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Whisk the first five ingredients (through salt) together. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together. Make a well in your dry mixture and add the wet, whisking just until combined to keep your pancakes light and fluffy. Let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Pour batter (without stirring) into pancakes the size you want and cook until golden brown, between two and four minutes each side. Enjoy!