Getting started can seem intimidating, especially if you’ve never practiced before or perhaps you just haven’t been feeling your greatest. Rest assured that as you step through our doors, you’ll be warmly greeted by our knowledgeable staff. We strongly encourage our students to support each other, which creates an environment that pushes all of us to achieve a better quality of life.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first class. Late arrivals may not be admitted.
- A disruptive cell phone is no fun and can ruin the vibes during class. Please turn it off.
- Try to limit entering and exiting the studio during class. If you’re late or need to leave during class be mindful and courteous of your fellow students. If you must leave early, let the instructor know in advance and set up by the door.
- Hydrate; drink plenty of water before and after class.
- Avoid eating heavy meals 2-3 hours before class.
- Notify the instructor BEFORE CLASS of any injuries, medical conditions, pregnancy or other limitations. Let us know and we will give you suitable modifications.
- Yoga and Pilates is typically done barefoot. Please be sure to remove your shoes & socks prior to practice.
- Enter fresh and clean. Do not wear heavy perfume or cologne if possible. Taking a bath or shower both before and after practicing refreshes the body and mind.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Lightweight clothes are best, along with supportive undergarments to keep everything in place.
- We encourage you to bring a yoga mat (when taking mat classes), towels, and a bottle of water. Don’t worry if you forget any of that as we have extras on hand at the studio.
- Be considerate of the sacredness of the space. Pick up after yourself and wipe down the studio mats and equipment that you use. Leave the space in better shape than you found it.
- Once the instructor begins class, please refrain from talking.
- Go at your own pace. Enjoy the sensations. Don’t push yourself to the point of physical pain.
- Practice with patience. As with anything new it takes a few times to get into the flow of a class.