You likely want to eat healthy at lunch, but when your morning routine leaves you short on time, you might find yourself grabbing a Cup of Noodle as you run out the door. To save your stomach, opt instead for this quick, make-ahead, healthy mason jar recipe for Thai rice noodle jar.
- 2 mason jars
- 1 bouillon cube, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of tamari
- 2 teaspoons of chili paste
- 2 ounces of instant rice noodles
- ¼ red pepper, sliced
- 1 handful of mung bean sprouts
- 1 handful of dark leafy greens (e.g. spinach, kale)
- 4 Thai basil leaves
- 10 crushed peanuts
- 2 wedges of lime
Drop each bouillon cube half into each jar. Combine the fish sauce, coconut oil, tamari, and chili paste. Pour half of the mixture into each jar. Divide the noodles in half, and add them to each jars. Halve the veggies and add to each jar, beginning with the red pepper and bean sprouts, then put in the leafy greens, and finishing with the basil. Top each jar with half of the crushed peanuts and one lime wedge.
When you are ready to enjoy this lunch, just add hot water and mix!