Eating clean doesn’t have to mean eating boring! There are plenty of delicious, healthy recipes that can keep you feeling your best. Try this delicious healthy soup recipe to fill your tummy with what it needs.
Golden Bell Pepper Soup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 peeled and diced medium carrots
- ½ a small onion, diced
- 1 diced celery stalk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 peeled and chopped large sweet potato
- 8 yellow, red, and/or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh marjoram
- Sliced avocado & chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and broth. Season with salt and black pepper, cover the pot, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the marjoram. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Let the soup slightly cool, and then, in batches, transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. If needed, thin out the soup with water. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Return the soup to the pot to keep warm until serving.
- Garnish with avocado and cilantro, and enjoy!
Along with adding healthy food items to your diet, starting a Pilates, dance, or yoga regime can help you start feeling your best. Contact One Body Studios in La Habra, California to schedule your class today!